What You Will Need
- Copy of Canada’s Food Guide www.hc-sc.gc.ca
- Paper and crayons or pencil crayons
Review Canada’s Food Guide Rainbow describing how each colour represents a food group.
- Review recommended daily servings from each group.
- Green = Vegetables and Fruit
Yellow = Grain Products
Blue = Milk and Alternatives
Red = Meat and Alternatives
- Have your young athlete think about what her favorite foods are from each food group.
- Using crayons and paper, have her create her own personal food guide rainbow by drawing favourite foods as they fit in each coloured food group.
- Review the daily serving recommendations from each group and have her draw the number of servings from each group somewhere on the rainbow.