Recipe From: © Cook Great Food, by Dietitians of Canada, 2001 Published by Robert Rose Inc.
- Crushed cornflakes: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Garlic powder: ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Dry mustard: ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Black pepper: ¼ tsp (1 ml)
- Sweet pickle relish: ¼cup (50 ml) dill pickle relish
- Light mayonnaise: 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- Horseradish: ¼ tsp
- Whole wheat buns: 4 6-inch (15 cm)
- Lettuce: 4 leaves
- Tomatoes: 2 medium, sliced
- Water: 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- Fish: 1 lb (500 g) fresh or frozen fillets (sole, perch or halibut), patted dry
- Baking sheet
- 2 shallow bowls
- Heavy plastic bag
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), Baking sheet, greased
- Crunchy Coating: In a heavy plastic bag, combine crumbs, garlic powder, mustard and pepper.
- Burgers: In a shallow bowl, lightly beat together egg and water; set aside. Dip fish fillets in egg mixture and transfer, 1 piece at a time, to plastic bag ; shake gently to coat. Place on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Zippy Tartar Sauce: In a small bowl, blend together relish, mayonnaise and horseradish.
- Assembly: Spread buns with tartar sauce; add fish fillets and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Serve with side salad and glass of milk for balance.
Calories: 503 |
Protein: 32 g |
Fat: 9 g |
Carbohydrate: 72 g |
Fibre: 3 g |
Note for Kids?
These are fairly substantial burgers so for young athletes, half a burger will probably be enough.