Recipe From: Eileen Campbell, RD from Dietitians of Canada, Simply Great Food, Robert Rose Inc. 2007
- Grape Tomatoes: 6 or cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber: 12½ inch (1 cm) slices
- Feta cheese: 12½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- Red pepper: 12½ inch (1 cm) squares and bell pepper
- Black olives: 6 pitted
- Tzatziki sauce: ⅓ cup (75 ml) or hummus
- Knife and cutting board
- Thread ingredients onto skewers in the following order: 1 tomato, 1 slice cucumber, 1 cube cheese, 1 square red pepper, 1 slice cucumber, 1 cube cheese, 1 square red pepper, 1 olive.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce or hummus for dipping.
- Balance meal by serving with ½ whole wheat pita and 1 cup of milk.
Calories: 56 |
Protein: 2.5 g |
Fat: 4.4 g |
Carbohydrate: 2.4 g |
Fibre: 0.4 g |
Sodium: 216 mg |
Calcium: 86 mg |
Iron: 0.3 mg |
Ranch dressing makes a good substitute for tzatziki sauce and some children might prefer it.