Recipe From: www.sobeys.com
- Small ripe avocado: 1, pitted and peeled
- Balsamic vinegar: 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Salt: 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Kale leaves (stems removed): 4 cups, chopped (1 L)
- Broccoli florets: 1 lb, cooked, cooled and patted dry (500 g)
- Shelled frozen edamame: 1 cup, cooked, cooled and patted dry (250 mL)
- Red grapes: 1 cup, halved (250 mL)
- Toasted sunflower seeds: 1/4 cup (60 mL)
No utensils needed.
- In blender, puree avocado, vinegar, 3 tbsp (45 mL) water, oil and salt into a smooth dressing. Place kale into large serving bowl; squeeze leaves to soften. Add broccoli, edamame and grapes. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds to serve.
Calories: 170 |
Protein: 7 g |
Fat: 9 g |
Carbohydrate: 17 g |
Fibre: 4 g |
Sodium: 180 mg |
Saturated Fats: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Tip: Toss leftover salad with cooked, shredded chicken for a quick lunch or dinner. Substitute edamame with canned chickpeas.
Total Cook Time: 30 min