Recipe From: Canola Producers of Alberta www.healthyalberta.com/HealthyEating
- Old-fashioned oats: 4 cups (1000ml)
- Sunflower seeds: ½ cup (125ml)
- Salt: ¼ tsp (1 ml)
- Frozen apple juice: 1 cup (250ml)
- Canola oil: 1 tbsp (15ml)
- Dried apples: ¼ cup (50ml)
- Cranberries: ¼ cup (50ml)
- Canola oil: Oiling pan
- Honey: ¼ cup (50ml)
- Large bowl
- Large baking sheet/pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Lightly oil an 8 inch (22 cm) square baking pan with sides.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, and salt.
- In large measuring cup, blend apple juice concentrate, honey, and canola oil.
- Drizzle liquid mixture over the oats mixture and toss until evenly moistened. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake granola for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until light golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and transfer to bowl. Toss with dried fruit; cool completely.
- Store in covered container for one week or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Serve with 1 cup skim milk and fruit to balance meal.
Calories: 157 |
Protein: 4 g |
Fat: 1 g |
Carbohydrate: 34 g |
Fibre: 2 g |
Sodium: 36 mg |
Calcium: 9% VQ |
Iron: 3% VQ |
Vit C: 92% VQ
Make This Gluten Free?
By using a gluten-free oat product, this recipe can be wheat and gluten free.