What You Will Need
- Paint and paint brush
- Glue and/or tape
- Foods from the each food portion of the plate to be used for stamping or gluing to paper
- Foods that work well:
- Dried veggies and fruit
- Pasta or rice
- Beans and nuts
NOTE: Grocery store flyers are a good source of pictures of foods.
- 1. Working with your young athlete, select 1 to 2 foods from each portion of the plate ensuring that he/she can identify each of them within their respective group.
- Using a paintbrush, brush the surface of the food or dip the food in the paint.
- Use the food to make creative prints on the paper. You can also choose to glue foods or food pictures to the paper.
- Get creative! The only rule is that the final food art creation has to include a food from each section of the plate of the four food groups.