What You Will Need
- Paper plates
- Crayons or pencil crayons
- Pen or marker
- Canada’s Food Guide Canada.ca/FoodGuide
- Using a pen or marker, divide paper plate into 3 sections by dividing the plate in half, and then 1 half into 2 quarters.
- Review each portion of the plate of the food groups found in Canada’s Food Guide.
- Have your athlete draw their favorite foods from the 3 food groups onto each section of the paper plate. Have them create separate plates for a “healthy” breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- At meal times, using real foods, have your athlete portion out their plate the same way. Repeating the portion of the plate to which each food choice belongs.
For an interactive activity, visit http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/eating-nutrition/healthyeatingsaine- alimentation/tips-conseils/interactive-tools-outils-interactifs/eat-wellbien- mangereng.php?src=ffoodguideeatwellplate_15&medium=banner_en&content= &campaign=topic_footer