What You Will Need
- Copy of Canada’s Food Guide Snapshot Canada.ca/Food Guide
- Paper and crayons or pencil crayons
- Review Canada’s Food Guide Snapshot describing how each portion of the plate represents different foods. Review proportions regardless the size of the meal. ½ plate vegetable, ¼ protein and ¼ whole grain.
- Have your young athlete think about what their favorite foods are from each section .
- Using crayons and paper, have them create their own personal Food Guide Plate by drawing favourite foods as they fit in each portion of the plate.