Recipe From: www.CanadianLiving.com
- Broccoli: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Seasoned croutons: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Sweet red pepper, diced
- Milk: ½ cup (125 ml)
- Salt: ¼ tsp (1 ml)
- Pepper: ¼ tsp (1 ml)
- Shredded Swiss: ½ cup (125 ml)
- Toasted bread: 8 slices
- 8 inch (20 cm) square metal cake pan
- Mixing bowl
- Sprinkle broccoli, croutons, and red pepper evenly over bottom of greased 8-inch (2L) square metal cake pan.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 30 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cut into 8 squares.
- Serve with whole wheat toast and fruit.
Calories: 210 |
Protein: 12 g |
Fat: 9 g |
Carbohydrate: 19 g |
Fibre: 2 g |
Sodium: 370 mg |
Breakfast for Dinner?
In a rush for dinner? Healthy meals like this one are flexible and can be served at dinner time as well.