Recipe From: www.sobeys.com
- Extra lean ground chicken: 2 lbs (1 kg)
- Onion: 1/2 cup coarsely grated (125 mL)
- Italian seasoned breakcrumbs: 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Fresh basil: 1/2 cup chopped (125 mL)
- Parmesan cheese: 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Garlic: 2 cloves, minced
- Salt: 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Tomato sauce: 1 cup jarred (250 mL)
- Mozzarella cheese: 1 cup, shredded (250 mL)
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large foiled-lined baking sheets.
- Measuring spoons
- Mix ground chicken with eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, half the basil, Parmesan, garlic and salt until just combined. Divide in half and form into 2 free-form "loaves"; each about 6 x 3.5 in. (15 x 9 cm). Place both on large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each loaf with tomato sauce. Bake in oven preheated to 400°F(200°C) for 45 min. Sprinkle each loaf with mozzarella and continue to bake another 5 to 7 min. or until cheese is melted and meat thermometer inserted in centre registers 165°F (74°C).
- Garnish with remaining basil. Serve with more heated tomato sauce, if desired, as accompaniment to spaghetti.
Calories: 300 |
Protein: 27 g |
Fat: 17 g |
Carbohydrate: 10 g |
Fibre: 1 g |
Sodium: 520 mg |
Saturated Fats: 6 g
Sugar: 2 g
Cholesterol: 125 mg
Tip: These meatloaves are just as delicious made with ground turkey, beef or pork. Serve one loaf for dinner and save the other for leftovers during the week, including cold in sandwiches.
Total Cook Time: 1 hour 10 min