Recipe From: www.kidshealth.org
- Bread: 8 slices white or bread
- Cheddar cheese: 4 slices
- Peas: Frozen
- Baking sheet
- 3½ inch (9 cm) cookie cutter
- Butter knife
- Cutting board
Do This First
Wash and cut 4 small triangles from a redpepper.
Wash 4 chives and cut in half. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Cut hole in centre of 4 slices of bread using a 3½ inch (9 cm) egg-shaped cookie cutter. Set “hole” aside.
- Butter remaining bread slices and place buttered side down on baking sheet.
- Top each with a cheese slice and a piece of bread with a hole in the centre.
- Break 1 egg into each hole.
- Top eggs with two frozen peas for eyes, a red pepper triangle for the nose, and chives for whiskers.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) until the cheese has melted and egg is set but slightly runny, about 15 minutes. Check frequently as eggs set quickly.
- Remove from oven. Cut “hole” in half to use as bunny ears.
- Balance this breakfast with a whole piece of fruit.
Try using lactose free cheese instead. This is available in the natural source department of most supermarkets.