Recipe From: Better Homes and Garden www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/ fruit-filledpuff- pancakes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Egg: ½ cup (125 ml)
- Egg white
- All-purpose flour: ¼ cup (50 ml)
- Fat-free milk: 1¼ cup (50 ml)
- Cooking oil: 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- Salt: ¼ tsp (1 ml)
- Fresh fruit: 2 cups (500 ml)
- Orange marmalade, warmed: 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- 4 - 4¼ inch (10.8 cm) pie plates
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or rotary beater
- For pancakes, coat four 4¼ inch pie plates or 4½ inch foil tart pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl use a rotary beater or wire whisk to beat egg product or whole egg plus egg white, flour, milk, oil, and salt until smooth. Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until brown and puffy. Turn off oven; let stand in oven for 5 minutes.
- To serve, immediately after removing the pancakes from oven, transfer to 4 plates. Spoon some of the fruit into center of each pancake. Drizzle fruit with warmed orange marmalade.
- Add ¾ cup (188 ml) of yogurt to balance the meal.
Calories: 123 |
Protein: 5 g |
Fat: 4 g |
Carbohydrate: 18 mg |
Fibre: 2 g |
Sodium: 210 mg |
Vit C: 69% VQ
Add Extra Protein
Add Extra protein to this recipe by topping your pancake with greek yogurt and chopped nuts.