Recipe From: Dietitians of Canada - Great Food Fast by Bev Callaghan, RD and Lynn Roblin, RD (published by Robert Rose) © 2000 Dietitians of Canada
- Rice: 1 cup (250 ml) cooked
- Canned kidney beans: ¾ cup (175 ml) insed and drained
- Corn: ½ cup (125 ml) frozen
- Tomatoes: ½ to ¾ cup (125-175 ml) chopped fresh (about 1 medium)
- Green pepper: ¼ cup (50 ml) diced
- Onion: 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped
- Chili powder: ¼ to ½ tsp (1-2 ml)
- 3-cup (750 ml) microwave-safe plastic container
- In a container combine rice, beans, corn, tomato, green pepper, onion, and chili powder. Stir until combined.
- Microwave on high, loosely covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir before serving.
- Complete the meal with a carton of milk or a container of yogurt.
Calories: 447 |
Protein: 18.0 g |
Fat: 1.6 g |
Carbohydrate: 93.9 g |
Fibre: 15.4 g |
Sodium: 429 mg |
High Fibre Alert?
This recipe provides a very high source of fibre. It is also an excellent source of vitamin C, niacin, folacin. Good source of iron, zinc, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin, and B6