Recipe From: www.kidshealth.org
- Water: 1 cup (250ml)
- Rolled oats: ¾ cup (175ml)
- Salt: Pinch
- Applesauce: ¼ cup (50ml)
- Cinnamon: Pinch
- Brown sugar: 2 tsp (10ml)
- Cooking pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Serving bowl
- Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.
- Serve with a cup of milk and a piece of fruit.
Calories: 390 |
Protein: 13 g |
Fat: 6 g |
Carbohydrate: 74 g |
Fibre: 9 g |
Sodium: 302 mg |
Calcium: 64 mg |
Iron: 4.3 mg |
Want to add more calories and protein?
Use hot milk instead of water and add 1 to 2 tbsp of peanut butter.