Recipe From: Dietitians of Canada - Great Food Fast by Bev Callaghan, RD and Lynn Roblin, RD (published by Robert Rose) © 2000 Dietitians of Canada
- Parmesan cheese: Optional
- Zucchini: 4 cups (1000 ml) cubed
- Eggplant: 2 cups (500 ml) cubed
- Red pepper: 2 cups (500 ml) roughly chopped
- Onion: 1 cup (250 ml) roughly chopped sweet white or red onions
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- Italian seasoning: 1½ tsp (7 ml) or French herbs
- Goat cheese: 3½ to 4 oz (125 ml) crumbled
- Rotini: 1 cup (250 ml) penne, or other pasta
- Vegetables: Vegetables can be roasted up to one day in advance. Reheat in a hot oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until piping hot.
- Large baking sheet with rim, greased
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Put zucchini, eggplant, peppers, and onions in a large bowl.
- Add oil and herbs; toss to coat. Place vegetables in a single layer on prepared baking sheet; roast, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are golden and slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions or until tender but firm; drain.
- Toss vegetables with pasta. Crumble goat cheese over top; toss to combine or leave as is and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories: 395 |
Protein: 13.7 g |
Fat: 13.4 g |
Carbohydrate: 56.3 g |
Fibre: 6.5 g |
Sodium: 99 mg |
When choosing vegetables for roasting, go for darker shades of red, orange, and green; they are richest in nutrients and