Recipe From: www.sobeys.com
- Reduced sodium tuna: 2 cans, drained (170 g each)
- Celery stalks: 2, finely diced
- Red onion: 1/4 cup, finely diced (60 mL)
- Hot pepper flakes: 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Mayonnaise: 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- Multigrain bread: 4 slices, toasted
- Jalapeno Havarti cheese: 1/2 cup, shredded (125 mL)
- Parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to broil. Place tuna in medium bowl and flake with fork. Add celery, red onion, hot pepper flakes and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Spread tuna mixture on bread slices; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and turning golden.
Calories: 270 |
Protein: 24 g |
Fat: 14 g |
Carbohydrate: 12 g |
Fibre: 2 g |
Sodium: 420 mg |
Saturated Fats: 4 g
Sugar: 1 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Tip: Replace canned tuna with 1 can (796 mL) chickpeas pulsed in a food processor until finely chopped.
Total Cook Time: 20 min