Recipe From: The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook BY: Leslie Hammond & Lynne Marie Rominger
- Elbow macaroni: 1 12-oz (375 ml) or penne noodles
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup (250 ml) low or non-fat
- Sweet pickle relish: ¼ cup (50 ml)
- Celery: 2 stalks diced
- Onion: 1 small white, finely chopped
- Prepared mustard: 1 tsp (5 ml)
- Rice vinegar: 1 tsp (5 ml)
- Tuna packed: 1 can in water
- Large pot
- Pasta strainer
- Large mixing bowl
- Knife and cutting board
- Can opener
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Cool noodles completely.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To balance meal, serve with a glass of soy milk and cup of chopped veggies
Calories: 259 |
Protein: 12 g |
Fat: 10.6 g |
Carbohydrate: 29 g |
Calcium: 33% VQ |
Iron: 11% VQ |
Tips for Cooking Rice Pasta?
Be sure to follow package directions as rice pastas often take less time to cook. Look for brown rice pastas for more fibre.